Skip to ExploreVA Navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

File a Claim

Filing Online

When filing a claim for compensation, the fastest and easiest way to file is electronically through eBenefits. To begin a claim, click the button below:


Other Ways to File

If you choose not to file a claim electronically, you must complete the proper paper form and mail it to VA in order to submit your claim. Download the forms that you need:

  • If you are a Veteran filing for compensation, you must now use VA Form 21-526EZ, Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits.

    Download Now

  • If you are a wartime Veteran filing for a needs-based pension, you must use VA Form VA Form 21-527EZ, Application for Pension.

    Download Now

  • If you are the survivor of a Veteran filing for dependency and indemnity compensation (DIC), survivors’ pension, and/or accrued benefits, use VA Form 21-534EZ, Application for DIC, Death Pension, and/or Accrued Benefits.

    Download Now


Don’t Miss Out on VA Benefits

Answer some questions and find out if you may be eligible.