Skip to ExploreVA Navigation Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Get assistance at the links below:

  • Appoint an attorney, claims agent, or Veterans Service Officer to assist with VA claims.
  • Search for a new VA-accredited representative or another person to help you apply.
  • Download a directory of Veterans Service Organizations or visit the National Resource Directory‘s “Veterans Service Organizations” page.
  • Request your military services records online through the National Archives. This can include DD214s and/or separation documents, personnel records, replacement medals, and/or medical records.
  • Request Veterans Service Officer representation by filling out VA Form 21-22 (PDF) and mailing or submitting it to the nearest VA regional office.
  • Request accredited attorney or claims agent representation by mailing or hand-delivering VA Form 21-22a (PDF) to the agent you searched for and selected.
  • Visit your state’s VA office, find your county Veterans representative, or visit the nearest VA regional office, VA health facility, or Vet Center.
  • Access helpful forms by benefit area here.

You’ve served with honor. Now let VA serve you. Explore VA.

Ready to apply for VA benefits?

Below are application benefit forms to use if you are applying by mail or in person. Applying online is always the best option; check to see if the type of claim you are submitting can be completed electronically.

If applying online is not an option, use the VA forms below. Most are in the Adobe PDF format and many allow you to type directly into the form and save the information on your computer. You can also print and fill out forms by hand. Submit each form according to the directions provided; you can also check with VA or ask your VA claims representative for assistance.

(Find more forms on VA’s forms page.)

  • Disability Compensation

    • VA Form 21-526EZ, Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits
  • Education and Training

  • Employment Services

  • Health Care

    • VA Form 10-10EZ, Enrollment for VA Health Benefits (access other application links here)
    • VA Form 21-4502, Application for Automobile or Other Conveyance and Adaptive Equipment 
    • VA Form 10-1394, Application for Adaptive Equipment – Motor Vehicle
  • Home Loans and Housing-Related Assistance

    • VA Form 26-1880, Request for Certificate of Eligibility
    • VA Form 26-4555, Application for Acquiring Specially Adapted Housing or Special Home Adaptation Grant
    • VA Form 26-1817, Request for Determination of Loan Guaranty Eligibility – Unmarried Surviving Spouses
  • Life Insurance

    Download forms for these and other programs at VA’s “Life Insurance” page:

    • Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance
    • Veterans’ Group Life Insurance
    • Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance
    • Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Traumatic Injury Protection
    • Service-Disabled Veterans Insurance
    • Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance
  • Memorial Benefits

  • Pension

    • VA Form 21-527EZ, Veterans Pension
    • VA Form 21-534EZ, Survivors Pension
    • VA Form 21-2680, Examination for Housebound Status or Permanent Need for Regular Aid and Attendance (additional payments for Veterans and survivors who are eligible for a VA pension and require the aid and attendance of another person or are housebound)
  • Spouses, Dependents, and Survivors Benefits

    • VA Form 21-534, Application for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation, Death Pension and Accrued Benefits by a Surviving Spouse or Child
    • If the death was in service, your Military Casualty Assistance Officer will assist you in completing VA Form 21-534a, Application for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation, Death Pension and Accrued Benefits by a Surviving Spouse or Child (these forms are mailed to the Philadelphia Regional Office)
    • VA Form 26-1817, Request for Determination of Loan Guaranty Eligibility – Unmarried Surviving Spouses

Don’t Miss Out on VA Benefits

Answer some questions and find out if you may be eligible.